This one is from Office Girl. She is hilarious. If you haven't checked her out, you have to. Seriously!
Lola - with your dress cut down to there, this one's for you.
Another from Anne at Piedmont Writer- she is way too good to me. And, I adore her :) I have to list 10 misc. facts about myself.
1. I have 8 year old boy/girl twins. They are smart, amazing and the lights of my life.
2. Besides a writer, I've wanted to be a singer and an NHL hockey scout. I aim high, people. Of course, singer and scout seem easily attainable compared with being published!
3. I know a lot about cars. A. Lot. More than I ever thought I would, or wanted to, really.
4. I have the best friends in the world. Really, I've blogged about just how awesome they are.
5. Every May we travel to Pa to get together with a group of twin mom's I met online almost 8 years ago. We do an all-day picnic on Saturday and Sesame Place on Sunday. There are usually at least 15 different families, from at least 6 different states. This will be year 7. My family lives around Philly, so we make it our vacation to see them as well.
6. I have the best dog ever. She's a black lab and she understands every word we say to her, I swear. She's so well behaved that, if she's panting loudly after exercise we can tell her shhh and she holds her breath! Don't worry, we don't do it often - especially now that she's getting really old :( I have friends that come over who don't care for dogs and insist they are going to take her home with them.
7. I grew up in Boca Raton, FL and moved to NC about 5 years ago. I will never go back. I don't even have a desire to visit.
8. When we moved, my best friend since high school, her hubby/kids moved here, too. Her parents followed. All told, 15 friends/family members (and their families) have followed us here now!
9. I should be doing a read through on Roulette right now, but this post has taken a ridiculously long amount of time!
10. I found this very difficult. I'm just not that interesting.
Phew! This one is going to Office Girl at Tired but Writing. Can't wait to learn a little bit about her.
Lola. L-O-L-A. Lola. She's probably going to disown me at this point, but I can't help but start singing every single time I see her around. She rocks, not much more to be said!
This gets passed on to 5 bloggers who "get me". I'm not sure anyone, including myself, gets me. But, I'll do my best.
Rules are simple:
Make up something (not too mean) about the people you give the award to.
Link to the people you give it to.
Link back to the original award post here.
1. Deniz, who got the idea for her current WiP from her cats, who tell her what to write while she's asleep. Or so she claims.
2. Aven, who will be soon visiting Scotland with the distinct intent of throwing herself against the Standing Stones in hopes of finding Lollybroch and Jamie.
3. Donna Hole, who used to be a rock groupie and followed the band Poison around on tour.
4. Claire, who has twenty-four pet kangaroos. And one Koala that she trained to attack strangers.
5. Talli Roland, who is highly allergic to toothpaste, so she brushes her teeth with lemon juice and then chews on mint leaves.
This came from Susan Fields. Isn't it gorgeous? Like Susan and her blog. And, really, can't all of us stuggling writers use the reminder of the silver lining?!
I want to pass it along to Anne - I know she has it, but she deserves another. Also for Erin Kuhns, Natalie at The Sound of Rain and Propinquity.
Thanks to each one of you. It's always great to cruise by someone's place and see my name under an award (You like me. You really like me.) They truly mean a lot :)