It was completely unexpected, but I've had a little better than a month to plan for it. Still. It's not somewhere I really want to be going (back to Boca Raton for the summer - I'm pretty sure almost 30 years of my life was more than enough spent there. Blech.) Regardless, it is what it is. We are going. And the kids will love the beach, the pool, Mickey and the new Harry Potter area at Universal. I'll suck it up and be the adult - though I hate doing that (being an adult, I mean).
I hate the beach, too. Hate. It. Lived a mile from it my entire life and went as infrequently as possible. Mostly at night for parties in my teen years. We'll be staying less than a quarter mile from it and I know the kids will want to be there all the time. Suck it up, remember. Of course, the oil may come and I won't have to suck anything up cause nobody is sucking all that oil up :(
Of course, all that jumble means I will be pretty obscure around here until September. Yes, September!! I will really miss all of you. I'll check in from time to time, have a few posts scheduled already, and will comment on your blogs whenever I get the chance.
I've received some awards, and it's time to unhoard them before I go.
The remarkable and talented JP at Where Sky Meets Ground (isn't that a great name?) has given me the Journey Award. It means a lot coming from him. Thanks JP.
I'm going to pass the Journey Award to:
The Alliterative Allomorph
Spunk on a Stick
Writing in the Wilderness
Musings of a Moonlight Writer
Sharp Pen/Dull Sword
...and this time concentrate
Okay, I admit, I'm going to cheat on this next one. I received the Versatile Blogger Award from Will Burke - another seriously great blog name - Fatherhood and Other Common Terrors. Thank you Will!
Rules: Thank the person that awarded you. Offer 7 tidbits about yourself. Pass it on to 15 people. Let them know you did.
I am short on time (laundry beckons!) so I am going to have to skip the links for this one (cheat, cheat, cheat). I apologize! Here are my 7 facts:
1. I hate the beach (see, I'm a cheater)
2. I would rather swim with sharks than fold laundry.
3. Packing doesn't bother me, but unpacking is tedious.
4. I'm more excited than the kids about going to Disney World!
5. I get horrifically seasick, but can't wait to get back out on the boat (guess the ocean's good for something after all)
6. Somehow, I have been married 17 years as of a couple days ago. Uh, I got married at 10. Yeah, that's it...!
7. Even though I'm a super-strict parent and nitpick on my kids way too much, I know I have two of the best kids in the world. I could go on forever, but suffice it to say, my kids rock.
Have a great summer everyone. I will say hi when I can!