Friday

The Disapearing Blog Roll

So as happens every time I leave blogger alone to tend himself for a while, once again he's gone and changed things around in my absence. Granted, I added a different email account as my admin for the blog, but my blog roll is gone and I'm having to re-follow everyone. So if you know I was already following you and see me pop up as a newbie, I'm probably somehow just following you twice now. If anyone out there happens to know how to get my blog roll back, I'd really appreciate the help. At least I figured out how to re-link my profile to my blog.

I'm super computer savvy at certain things, and a total fail with other tech stuff. It's always a toss up. HTML is definitely on the fail side. Formatting has been a toss up.

Formatting for Amazon/Kindle was pretty easy--in fact I was rather pleasantly surprised at how quickly I figured it out and got my book uploaded. Nook/BN on the other hand, aye yi yi. Everything looked fantastic, until I previewed. Somehow, no matter what I do, it's recognizing my title page as the first chapter. In other words, my novella will go to Kindle on Monday, but Nook may take a while longer.I feel bad because I've had a number of people ask me when it will be available for Nook. The honest answer is: I don't know. Hopefully soon!

It's been really nice getting back in touch with those I haven't kept up with on Facebook and/or Twitter. I sure hope to be around more frequently again. :)

7 comments:

Zan Marie said...

Tara, Throw me back on that roll again.

I' hear you about B&N. My devotionals are up on Amazon, but... And I didn't ever do it myself. ;-)

Good luck!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you lost the blogroll. Probably just have to go back and add all those blogs again.

Slamdunk said...

Sorry to hear that blogger is messing with you. I have not tried messing with a Nook--we have plenty of Kindles around that have served us well.

I hope you have a good weekend Tara.

Lara Lacombe said...

Sorry you lost your blogroll--I wish I could help, but I just barely putter along as it is.

Glad to see you back! Looking forward to your big release! :)

Tara said...

Zan Marie, you are back on the roll.

Alex, I'm just adding as I go. Bummed about not having all of my oldies, but guess it's a chance to find some new, also. :)

SD, I have a Kindle, too. I did figure out Nook formatting finally, but Kobo is proving to be a royal pain. I'm sure it's user-error. I know it is, in fact. I'll get there eventually.

Lara, thank you. Just thank you. For everything. {{{hugs}}}

Kittie Howard said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm happy to follow you back! Google's format change wrecked havoc for me as well. . . still haven't sorted all out.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

That's a pain I'm familiar with. Blogspot sure has its glitches. sorry this happened.